Nest trademarks include the "Nest Home" icon, "Works with Nest" badge, the "Works with Nest" name, and "Nest" in plain text. See Intellectual Property and Other Notices for more information.
How to use the Nest trademarks
In order to use the Nest trademarks in your Works with Nest product, packaging, promotional, or advertising materials, you must comply with these requirements:
- Create an account and agree to the Nest Developer Terms of Service
- Submit your Works with Nest product for marketing review
- Comply with these trademark use policies:
- Nest trademarks are not combined with your (or any other third-party) trademarks
- Nest trademark appears less prominent than your product name
- Reference to Nest does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with Nest or Nest products or services
- Nest trademark use does not show Nest or its products in a false or derogatory light
- The Nest trademarks are not modified in any way, meaning:
- DO NOT change the proportions, update the design, alter the color, vary the spelling, add or delete hyphens, combine two words into one, or split one word into two
- DO NOT use the Nest trademarks in the possessive or plural form (not acceptable: Nest's Control, Acme Two Nests App)
Proper use of Nest product names and legal trademarks
- Introduce Nest® with registered trademark symbol on first mention.
- Alternatively, you can introduce Nest without registration trademark on first mention if the Nest legal disclaimer is included in the footer.
Nest Learning Thermostat
- Introduce the thermostat as the Nest Learning Thermostat™ with the TM superscript on first mention.
- Alternatively, you can introduce the thermostat without the TM superscript on first mention if the Nest legal disclaimer is included in the footer.
- After the first mention, you can call it the "Nest Thermostat".
Nest Protect: Smoke + Carbon Monoxide
- The smoke alarm's official name is Nest Protect™ smoke + carbon monoxide alarm, with the TM superscript on first mention.
- Alternatively, you can introduce the smoke alarm without the TM superscript on first mention if the Nest legal disclaimer is included in the footer.
- After the first mention, you can call it the "Nest Protect smoke + carbon monoxide alarm", or simply "Nest Protect".
- When referring to Nest Protect, call it a "smoke and CO alarm", not just a "smoke alarm".
- Introduce the following Nest cameras with the TM superscript on first
- Nest Cam Indoor™
- Nest Cam Outdoor™
- Nest Cam IQ Indoor™
- Nest Cam IQ Outdoor™
- Nest Hello™
- Alternatively, you can introduce the camera without the TM superscript on first mention if the Nest legal disclaimer is included in the footer.
- After the first mention, call the Nest Cam Indoor/Outdoor the "Nest Cam" for either model, and the Nest Cam IQ Indoor/Outdoor the "Nest Cam IQ" for either model. Always refer to the Nest Hello camera as the "Nest Hello".
"Works with Nest" is the name and badge we use to describe the integration between our products.
Nest legal disclaimer
- If you did not include ® or ™ on first mentions, you should include the standard Nest legal disclaimer in the footer of the piece.
- You can update the Nest legal disclaimer to only include those Nest trademarks mentioned in your material.
- Always use the complete trademark in all communications. Never abbreviate a Nest trademark to create an acronym.
Nest Legal Disclaimer
Nest®, Nest Learning Thermostat™, Nest Leaf Logo™, Airwave™, Auto-Away™, Nest Protect™, Nest Protect™ smoke + carbon monoxide, Nest Cam™, Nest Cam IQ™, Nest Hello™, and the Works with Nest logos are trademarks licensed by Nest Labs, Inc.